Knife Sharpening Class
Designer: Element Knife Company
- Unit Price
Chef Elan Wenzel, owner of Element knife Company will be instructing the class. He has over 20 years experience working with Japanese cutlery and tools. Whether you’re a knife “geek” or simply have a dull knife, this class will help you determine if sharpening is an art you wish to invest in.
This knife sharpening clinic shows how to establish a 50:50 symmetrical double-bevel edge, refine the cutting edge to razor sharp, and maintain sharpness. We look forward to working with you and sharing our ethos of support and education. Currently, classes are held inside our shop, located inside Stanley Marketpalce at 2501 Dallas Street Suite 14B, Aurora Colorado 80010.
A 24 hour notice of cancellation is required for a full refund. Send refund & rescheduling requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Classes are held Tuesdays at 7:30pm.
Points of instruction & what to expect:
- Knife anatomy
- Blade geometry
- Knife types
- Basics of modern metallurgy and forging techniques
- Care of sharpening stones
- Care of knives
- Assessment of the knife
- General safety while sharpening
- Form, stance, angles
- How to establish bevels
- Refining the edge
- How to test for sharpness
- This is a hands on in-shop class, you will be sharpening your own non-serrated knife and getting your hands dirty. Please wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty or bring your own apron. Close-toed shoes are required. A Chefs knife or Santoku is best for learning. Do not bring paring, boning or pocket knives to learn on.
- Ceramic water stones are provided, please bring your own non-serrated knife (Chefs or Santoku). An older non-serrated knife you don’t mind ”beating up” is preferred. You can also find one at a thrift store for a few bucks.
- 10% discount on any purchase on class day.
- Class is $75 per person
- Class starts at 7:30pm
- Class will run approximately 1 ½ hours +
- Keep in mind - Patience, Persistence & Practice