Kikuichi White #2 Kurouchi 27cm Sujibiki
- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
Kuro, meaning black in Japanese is referenced in the kurouchi style knives. It is a black iron oxide coating left from the forging process, which helps prevent rusting. Our Kikuichi Kurouchi series is a sanmai construction made from a white #2 high-carbon steel core and soft black iron cladding, which gives this series its unique look. Heavy and solid, along with the walnut octagon handle, these are a workhorse of a knife. A Sujibiki is a superior slicing knife. Its long and narrow blade assist in slicing meat, fish and vegetables with accuracy and ease.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: White #2, High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Sanmai
- Size: 27cm/10.5 inch
- Ferrule Material: Water Buffalo Horn
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 62
- Knife Type: Sujibiki
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Walnut, Octagon
- Wood Saya Included: Yes
- Edge Angle: 50:50 Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Kikuichi Cutlery, Sakai, Japan