Gohumanosuke Yoshihro Blue #2 Kurouchi 18cm Nakiri
Designer: Gohumanosuke Yoshihiro
- Unit Price
Kuro, meaning black in Japanese is referenced in the kurouchi style knives. It is a black iron oxide coating left from the forging process, which helps prevent rusting. Yoshihro blade-smiths forge this Kurouchi series in a sanmai construction made from Blue #2 high-carbon steel for the core and soft black iron cladding, which gives this series its unique look. Nakiris are typically a double bevel knife specifically designed to work with vegetables. The design is derived from the Japanese single bevel Usuba with a very thin spine, squared tip, wide and straight profile.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: Blue # 2 High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Sanmai
- Size: 18cm/7 inch
- Ferrule: Water Buffalo Horn
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 62
- Knife Type: Nakiri
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Japanese, Rosewood Octagon
- Wood Saya Cover: No
- Edge Angle: Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Yamawaki Manufacturing, Sakai, Japan