Gohumanosuke Yoshihiro Hybrid 16.5cm Nakiri
Designer: Gohumanosuke Yoshihiro
- Unit Price
A Nakiri performs exceedingly well for cutting and prepping vegetables. The double-bevel design is derived from the Japanese single-bevel Usuba with a very thin spine, squared tip, wide and straight profile. The hammered texture (Tsuchime) helps food from sticking to side of the knife. This sanmai hybrid blade is the best of both worlds. It has a core of Yasuki grade Blue # 2 high-carbon steel clad between layers of SUS-410 stainless steel. This allows for a hard cutting edge which achieves a razor sharp edge that holds for an extended period of time, while offering the ease and maintenance of stainless steel. The western style black Pakkawood handle is comfortable, durable, tough and heat resistant.
- Material: Blue # 2 High-Carbon core, SUS-410 Stainless Steel cladding.
- Forging Construction: Sanmai
- Size: 16.5cm / 6.49 inch
- Bolster Material: SUS-410 Stainless Steel
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 62
- Knife Type: Nakiri
- Stainless: Core - No / Cladding - Yes. It should be noted that a patina and rust will occur at the cutting edge, 3mm ~ 5mm.
- Handle: Western, Black Pakkawood, Full Tang
- Wood Saya Cover: Available for purchase
- Edge Angle: Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Yamawaki Manufacturing, Sakai, Japan