Higonokami - 12cm Kurouchi Gentleman’s Pocket Knife
The Higo-no-Kami(肥後の上) folding knife has been made in Miki City, Hyogo Prefecture since 1894. Known in Japan as a Gentleman’s pocket knife or Carpenters knife, the blade is forged with White #2 High-Carbon steel with a Kurouchi finish resulting in an exceedingly sharp and durable knife. High-Carbon steels will form a patina which helps act a protectant against rust. This knife has no locking system, but stays open while using the friction of the swivel or the pressure of the user's thumb on its iconic lever or chikiri. The stainless handle is equipped with a hole so you can attach it to a lanyard.
商登 標録 "Trademark Registration"
肥後守 (Higo No Kami)
定駒 (tei-koma) "Fixed Piece"
- Material: Shiro-Ko Kurouchi White #2 Carbon Steel (THIS BLADE IS NOT STAINLESS)
- Grade: Forge folded, forge welded
- Size: 12cm/4.7 inch
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 60
- Knife Type: Folding, pocket knife
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Stainless
- Edge Angle: Japanese, Double-Bevel
- Origin: Manufactured in Miki City, Hyogo PrefecturePC, Japan