Gohumanosuke Yoshihiro Hybrid 18cm Santoku
Designer: Gohumanosuke Yoshihiro
- Unit Price
A Santoku knife rivals the Gyuto in its functionality and multipurpose ability with its slight curve in the blade profile. Literally translated to three virtues, a Santoku performs at a high-level for meat fish and vegetables. It's profile exhibits a shorter and thinner blade which makes it user-friendly and versatile. The hammered texture (Tsuchime) helps food from sticking to side of the knife. This sanmai hybrid blade is the best of both worlds. It has a core of Yasuki grade Blue # 2 high-carbon steel clad between layers of SUS-410 stainless steel. This allows for a hard cutting edge which achieves a razor sharp edge that holds for an extended period of time, while offering the ease and maintenance of stainless steel. The western style black Pakkawood handle is comfortable, durable, tough and heat resistant.
- Material: Blue # 2 High-Carbon core, SUS-410 Stainless Steel cladding.
- Forging Construction: Sanmai
- Size: 18cm / 7 inch
- Bolster Material: SUS-410 Stainless Steel
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 62
- Knife Type: Santoku
- Stainless: Core - No / Cladding - Yes. It should be noted that a patina and rust will occur at the cutting edge, 3mm ~ 5mm.
- Handle: Western, Black Pakkawood, Full Tang
- Wood Saya Cover: Available for purchase
- Edge Angle: Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Yamawaki Manufacturing, Sakai, Japan