Gohumanosuke Yoshihiro White #2 Fugubiki
Designer: Gohumanosuke Yoshihiro
- Unit Price
This Gohumanosuke Yoshiro Fugubiki is crafted from Yasuki White #2 high-Carbon steel. A Fugubiki is much like a Yanagi in its profile but is thinner at the spine. The design allows for precision while butchering and preparing Fugu (Puffer Fish). White #2, also known as Shiroko is a high performing steel that is hard, and very responsive to smoother grit sharpening stones. Yoshihiro master blade-smiths use a traditional forging method of Kasumiyaki. The result is a knife that sharpens with ease and holds its edge. Extremely user friendly, Shiroko is a popular blade choice for single-bevel knives among all ranks of chefs.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: White #2 High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Kasumiyaki
- Size: 27cm/10.62 inch, 30cm/11.81 inch
- Bolster Material: Horn
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 61
- Knife Type: Fugubiki
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Japanese, White Oak Octagon, Hidden Tang
- Wood Saya Cover: Included
- Edge Angle: Japanese, Single-Bevel
- Origin: Yamawaki Manufacturing, Sakai, Japan