SK4 High-Carbon Hankotsu-Maru Honesuki
- Low stock - 4 items left
- Inventory on the way
SK-4 high-carbon steel is often preferred by professional chefs the world over. It’s light, easy to sharpen and takes a very keen edge due to the fine grain structure of the steel. Kikuichi’s SK-4 High-Carbon series is tough and sharp. Carbon steel is the workhorse of the knife industry, in use for nearly a millennia it holds a super sharp edge and is easy to sharpen at home. A Hankotsu-Maru Honesuki is a traditional Japanese boning knife. This knife is thick at the spine, which offers great control, then contours to a narrow tip. Allowing clean separation at joints and cartilage. This knife also works very well for cutting smaller fish like Aji, Kodai, and Kohada.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: SK-4 High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Mono Steel
- Size: 15cm/6 inch
- Bolster Material: Stainless Steel
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 61
- Knife Type: Honkatsu-Maru Honesuki
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Western, Pakka Wood, Full Tang
- Wood Saya Included: No
- Edge Angle: 50:50 Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Kikuichi Cutlery, Sakai, Japan