SK4 High-Carbon Petty Knife
- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
SK-4 high-carbon steel is often preferred by professional chefs the world over. It’s light, easy to sharpen and takes a very keen edge due to the fine grain structure of the steel. Kikuichi’s SK-4 High-Carbon series is tough and sharp. Carbon steel is the workhorse of the knife industry, in use for nearly a millennia it holds a super sharp edge and is easy to sharpen. A petty knife is a basic utility knife slightly larger than a pairing knife. Typically petty and utility knives are used on a cutting board as opposed to a paring knife which does better when operated in your hand. They are great for intricate, delicate and light work.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: SK-4 High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Mono Steel
- Size: 12cm/5 inch & 15cm/6 inch
- Bolster Material: SK-4 High-Carbon Steel
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 61
- Knife Type: Petty Knife
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Western, Pakka Wood, Full Tang
- Wood Saya Included: No
- Edge Angle: 50:50 Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Kikuichi Cutlery, Sakai, Japan