Kikuichi Cutlery SK-4 High Carbon Santoku
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
SK-4 high-carbon steel is often preferred by professional chefs the world over. It’s light, easy to sharpen and takes a very keen edge due to the fine grain structure of the steel. Kikuichi’s SK-4 High-Carbon series is tough and sharp. Carbon steel is the workhorse of the knife industry, in use for nearly a millennia it holds a super sharp edge and is easy to sharpen at home. A Santoku knife rivals the Gyuto in its functionality and multipurpose ability with its slight curve in the blade profile. Literally translated to three virtues, this knife performs at a high-level for meat fish and vegetables. It's profile exhibits a shorter and thinner blade which makes it user-friendly and versatile.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: SK-4 High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Mono Steel
- Size: 18cm/7 inch
- Bolster Material: Stainless Steel
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 61
- Knife Type: Santoku
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Western, Pakka Wood, Full Tang
- Wood Saya Included: No
- Edge Angle: 50:50 Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Kikuichi Cutlery, Sakai, Japan