Kikuichi Kokaji Blue #2 High-Carbon 31 Layer Damascus 15cm Petty Knife
Designer: Kikuichi Cutlery
- Unit Price
These top of the line superior double beveled knives from the famed Kokaji-Kai knife makers in Sakai are beautiful and sharp. They are crafted with a 31 layer Damascus of Aoko Blue #2 high-carbon steel, with a Magnolia octagon handle. A petty knife is a basic utility knife slightly larger than a pairing knife. Typically petty and utility knives are used on a cutting board as opposed to a paring knife which does better when operated in your hand. They are great for intricate, delicate and light work.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: Blue #2, 31 Layer Damascus High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Sanmai
- Size: 15cm/6 inch
- Ferrule Material: Water Buffalo Horn
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 60
- Knife Type: Petty Knife
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Magnolia, Octagon
- Wood Saya Included: No
- Edge Angle: 50:50 Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Kikuichi Cutlery, Sakai, Japan