Kikuichi Kokaji Blue #2 High-Carbon 31 Layer Damascus 24cm Kiritsuke-Gyuto
Designer: Kikuichi Cutlery
These top of the line superior double beveled knives from the famed Kokaji-Kai knife makers in Sakai are beautiful and sharp. They are crafted with a 31 layer Damascus of Aoko Blue #2 high-carbon steel, with a Magnolia octagon handle. This Kiritsuke-Gyuto (K-Tip Chefs Knife) is multipurpose and offers some of the most versatile cutting applications ranging from vegetable prep to meat and fish butchery. The clipped tip drops the point which allows for precision when imparting a drag cutting technique. Additionally, this Gyuto has a curved blade that allows for back and forth rocking, and quick and agile slicing.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: Blue #2, 31 Layer Damascus High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Sanmai
- Size: 24cm/9.5 inch
- Ferrule Material: Water Buffalo Horn
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 60
- Knife Type: Kititsuke-Gyuto
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Magnolia , Octagon
- Wood Saya Included: No
- Edge Angle: 50:50 Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Kikuichi Cutlery, Sakai, Japan