Kikuichi Cutlery Semi-Stainless Petty
Designer: Kikuichi Cutlery
Kikuichi’s Semi-Stainless series holds a fantastic edge. Professional chefs love a carbon steel blade edge and this this proprietary steel has a high carbon content which means it performs like a carbon steel blade. It won’t rust like a carbon blade, but will patina. It’s recommended to cultivate the patina. Strong and substantial without feeling heavy this blade takes a fine grained edge and holds it well. A petty knife is a basic utility knife slightly larger than a pairing knife. Typically petty and utility knives are used on a cutting board as opposed to a paring knife which does better when operated in your hand. They are great for intricate, delicate and light work.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: Proprietary Semi-Stainless Alloy
- Forging Construction: Mono Steel
- Size: 12cm/5 inch & 15cm/6 inch
- Bolster Material: Semi-Stainless Steel
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 61
- Knife Type: Petty Knife
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Western, Pakka Wood, Full Tang
- Wood Saya Included: No
- Edge Angle: 50:50 Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Kikuichi Cutlery, Sakai, Japan