Meola 1084 Carbon 3.5 Inch Paring Knife | Camp Knife
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Originally, these unique forged integral handle blades were designed as a low entry cost paring knife Akiva could make affordably for customers. However, they have since evolved into something more. After having customers request sheathes with these, many use them as lightweight camp knives, no-fuss hunting knives, picnicking, and day hiking. Others find them to be perfect for everyday carry purposes. So, despite the initial effort, when people ask Akiva “what is it for?” he now says “its up to you”.
The blade is forged from 1084 high-carbon steel which has a history of its own. Having originally been used in the Union Pacific rail line, Akiva has forged new life into this abandoned steel. The rounded satin polished choil and spine offer surprising comfort for a small profile blade. The finger choil and tapered handle are comfortable and is perfect for keeping a good grip on the knife in wet conditions.
NOTE: All processes are done in house and by hand. This means there are slight variations among the blades.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: 1084 High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Mono Steel
- Blade Length: 90mm | 3.5 inch
- Handle Length: 120mm | 4.8 inch
- Blade Height: 27mm at heel
- Blade Thickness: 4.2mm at Choil
- Overall Length: 210mm
- Weight: 3.85oz
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 62
- Knife Type: Paring Knife
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Western, Integral Unibody
- Saya Included: Yes, Blue Kydex
- Edge Angle: 50:50 Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Metalwork By Meola, Berthoud, Colorado, USA