Meola 1084 Carbon 8 Inch Chefs Knife
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
This Chefs Knife is hand forged in Berthoud Colorado by Bladesmith Akiva Meola from 1084 high-carbon steel. One of his favorite designs for a Chefs Knife, it makes for an all-around kitchen companion. Each blade is forged, ground, heat treated to a 62 HRC, polished, and sharpened. The handles are sculpted in-house, designed for total comfort and confidence. Here are some of the features that make this knife special:
The knife has a 3/4 hidden tang with a Western handle profile. The curly silver maple is stabilized in blue resin, making the handle more durable, tough, and water and heat resistant. After sculpting, the maple is given a flame faded finish. The bolster is white Corian, meeting up to a mirror finished choil and spine, rounded for comfort. The heel of the blade is just around 70mm wide, giving excellent clearance from the cutting board. The blade also includes a hot-formed navy kydex sheath with polished brass grommets.
NOTE: All processes are done in house and by hand. This means there are slight variations among the blades.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: 1084 High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Mono Steel
- Blade Length: 210mm | 8.25 inch
- Handle Length: 125mm | 4.8 inch
- Blade Height: 70mm 2.75 inch at heel
- Blade Thickness: 2.8mm at bolster
- Overall Length: 345mm | 13.6 inch
- Weight: 7.5oz
- Bolster Material: Corrian
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 62
- Knife Type: Chefs Knife
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Western, Stabilized Curly Maple, Hidden Tang
- Saya Included: Yes, Blue Kydex
- Edge Angle: 50:50 Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Metalwork By Meola, Berthoud, Colorado, USA