Gohumanosuke Yoshihiro White#2 Unagisaki
Designer: Gohumanosuke Yoshihiro
- Unit Price
This Gohumanosuke Yoshihiro Unagisaki is crafted from Yasuki White #2 high-Carbon steel. This Unagisaki design comes out of Osaka Japan and is specific to butchering Unagi (Eel) from the ventricle side . White #2, also known as Shiroko is a high performing steel that is hard, and very responsive to smoother grit sharpening stones. Yoshihiro master blade-smiths use a traditional forging method of Kasumiyaki. The result is a knife that sharpens with ease and holds its edge. Extremely user friendly, Shiroko is a popular blade choice for single-bevel knives among all ranks of chefs.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: White #2 High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Kasumiyaki
- Blade Length: 5.5cm/2.25 inch
- Total Length: 18cm/7 inch
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 61
- Knife Type: Yasuki Unagisaki
- Stainless: No
- Handle: White #2 High-Carbon Steel, Hammer Texture
- Wood Saya Cover: No
- Edge Angle: Japanese, Single-Bevel
- Origin: Yamawaki Manufacturing, Sakai, Japan