Blue #2 Kurouchi Gyuto
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Kuro, meaning black in Japanese is referenced in the kurouchi style knives. It is a black iron oxide coating left from the forging process, which helps prevent rusting. Yoshihro blade-smiths forge this Kurouchi series in a sanmai construction made from Blue #2 high-carbon steel for the core and soft black iron cladding, which gives this series its unique look. A Gyuto (Chefs Knife), is the most versatile Knife a Chefs can own. It enables confidence while preparing fish, meats and vegetables.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: Blue # 2 High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Sanmai
- Size: 24cm/9.5 inch, 21cm 8.5 inch
- Ferrule: Water Buffalo Horn
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 62
- Knife Type: Gyuto
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Japanese, Rosewood Octagon
- Wood Saya Cover: Yes
- Edge Angle: Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Yamawaki Manufacturing, Sakai, Japan