Gohumanosuke Yoshihro Blue #2 Kurouchi 15cm Petty
Designer: Gohumanosuke Yoshihiro
uro, meaning black in Japanese is referenced in the kurouchi style knives. It is a black iron oxide coating left from the forging process, which helps prevent rusting. Yoshihro blade-smiths forge this Kurouchi series in a sanmai construction made from Blue #2 high-carbon steel for the core and soft black iron cladding, which gives this series its unique look. A petty knife is a basic utility knife slightly larger than a pairing knife. Typically petty and utility knives are used on a cutting board as opposed to a paring knife which does better when operated in your hand. They are great for intricate, delicate and light work.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: Blue # 2 High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Sanmai
- Size: 15cm/6 inch
- Ferrule: Water Buffalo Horn
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 62
- Knife Type: Petty
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Japanese, Rosewood Octagon
- Wood Saya Cover: No
- Edge Angle: Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Yamawaki Manufacturing, Sakai, Japan