Gohumanosuke Yoshihro White #2 Deba
Designer: Gohumanosuke Yoshihiro
- Unit Price
This Gohumanosuke Yoshiro Deba is crafted from Yasuki White #2 high-Carbon steel. Designed for butchering whole fish, its thick spine, heft and broad profile allows the user to cut through fish bone easily. White #2, also known as Shiroko is a high performing steel that is tough, and very responsive to smoother grit sharpening stones. Yoshihiro master blade-smiths use a traditional forging method of Kasumiyaki. The result is a knife that sharpens with ease and holds its edge. Extremely user friendly, Shiroko is a popular blade choice for single-bevel knives among all ranks of chefs.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: White #2 High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Kasumiyaki
- Size: 21cm/8.26, 18cm/7.08 inch
- Bolster Material: Horn
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 61
- Knife Type: Deba
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Japanese, White Oak Octagon, Hidden Tang
- Wood Saya Cover: Included
- Edge Angle: Japanese, Single-Bevel
- Origin: Yamawaki Manufacturing, Sakai, Japan