Gohumanosuke Yoshihro White #2 Kanto Usuba
Designer: Gohumanosuke Yoshihiro
- Unit Price
This Gohumanosuke Yoshiro Kanto Usuba is crafted from Yasuki White #2 high-Carbon steel. This blunted tip design comes out of the Kanto region. With its wide and straight blade profile, an Usuba is extremely sharp. Suited for the Japanese push style of cutting vegetables and it excels at katsuramuki. White #2, also known as Shiroko is a high performing steel that is hard, and very responsive to smoother grit sharpening stones. Yoshihiro master blade-smiths use a traditional forging method of Kasumiyaki. The result is a knife that sharpens with ease and holds its edge. Extremely user friendly, Shiroko is a popular blade choice for single-bevel knives among all ranks of chefs.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: White #2 High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Kasumiyaki
- Size: 21cm/8.26, 18cm/7.08 inch
- Bolster Material: Horn
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 61
- Knife Type: Kanto Usuba
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Japanese, White Oak Octagon, Hidden Tang
- Wood Saya Cover: Included
- Edge Angle: Japanese, Single-Bevel
- Origin: Yamawaki Manufacturing, Sakai, Japan