Kikuichi Cutlery Semi Stainless Gyuto
Designer: Kikuichi Cutlery
Kikuichi’s Semi-Stainless series holds a fantastic edge. Professional chefs love a carbon steel blade edge and this this proprietary steel has a high carbon content which means it performs like a carbon steel blade. It won’t rust like a carbon blade, but will patina. It’s recommended to cultivate the patina. Strong and substantial without feeling heavy this blade takes a fine grained edge and holds it well. A Gyuto (Chefs Knife) is multipurpose and offers some of the most versatile cutting applications ranging from vegetable prep to meat and fish butchery. You will find that a Gyuto has a curved blade that allows for back and forth rocking, and quick and agile slicing.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: Proprietary Semi-Stainless Alloy
- Forging Construction: Mono Steel
- Size: 21cm/8inch, 24cm/9.4 inch & 27cm/10.6 inch
- Bolster Material: Semi-Stainless Steel
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 61
- Knife Type: Gyuto
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Western, Pakka Wood, Full Tang
- Wood Saya Included: No
- Edge Angle: 50:50 Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Kikuichi Cutlery, Sakai, Japan