Kikuichi Cutlery SK-4 High-Carbon Gyuto
Designer: Kikuichi Cutlery
- Unit Price
SK-4 high-carbon steel is often preferred by professional chefs the world over. It’s light, easy to sharpen and takes a very keen edge due to the fine grain structure of the steel. Kikuichi’s SK-4 High-Carbon series is tough and sharp. Carbon steel is the workhorse of the knife industry, in use for nearly a millennia it holds a super sharp edge and is easy to sharpen at home. A Gyuto (Chefs Knife) offers some of the most versatile cutting applications ranging from vegetable prep to meat and fish butchery. You will find that a Gyuto has a curved blade that allows for back and forth rocking, and quick and agile slicing.
NOTE: Blade may rust if left wet, this is NOT a stainless steel.
- Material: SK-4 High-Carbon Steel
- Forging Construction: Mono Steel
- Size: 21cm/8 inch, 24cm/9.5 inch, 27cm/10.5 inch, 30cm/12 inch & 33cm/13 inch
- Bolster Material: Stainless Steel
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 61
- Knife Type: Gyuto
- Stainless: No
- Handle: Western, Pakka Wood, Full Tang
- Wood Saya Included: No
- Edge Angle: 50:50 Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Kikuichi Cutlery, Sakai, Japan