Nashiji Blue #2 17cm Bunka
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Ittetsu knives are forged by a group of blacksmiths working out of Sanjo City, Japan. They produce knives following master bladesmith, Tadafusa’s OEM designs. The Nashiji (pear skin) finish is a great introduction to Japanese knives. The Blue # 2 High-Carbon steel is clad between two pieces of stainless steel forming a Sanmai blade construction. This offers the benefits of High-Carbon steel & the ease of stainless. A Bunka is versatile much like a Santoku. They are recognizable by the hard clip of the tip making it a drop point design. Its profile exhibits a shorter blade with modest curve making it user-friendly and versatile.
- Material: Blue # 2 High-Carbon core, SUS-405 Stainless Steel cladding.
- Forging Construction: Sanmai
- Size: 17cm / 6.75 inch
- Rockwell Hardness Scale: HRC 62
- Knife Type: Bunka
- Stainless: Core - No / Cladding - Yes. It should be noted that a patina and rust will occur at the cutting edge, 3mm ~ 5mm.
- Handle: Western Hidden Tang
- Bolster: Stainless
- Wood Saya Cover: No
- Edge Angle: Double Edge/Western
- Origin: Ittetsu, Sanjou City, Japan